A range of intumescent-lined, woven glass fabric covers and rigid metal cages to be used with downlighter fittings, providing a fire seal to maintain the integrity and fire rating of a ceiling. Can be easily fitted from above or below in plasterboard or suspended ceilings. Also available in an acoustic form which prevents sound spreading through the structure.ADVANTAGES
- Maintains the fire rating of plasterboard or suspended ceilings rated up to 4 hours
- Available in standard and acoustic forms, preventing sound transfer from different floors of a building up to 63dB
- Can be made to accommodate downlighters alone, or downlighter/transformer combos
- Downlighter cages are a sturdier option, allowing for insulation to be laid over the top after they are fixed in place – ideal for lofts
- Can be used to improve the fire rating of ceiling-mounted speakers as well as downlighters
- The range also contains downlighter adaptors which can convert existing light fittings to fire resistant, low-energy units, saving up to 40W per light whilst providing 66 minutes of fire protection
- Easily installed in 5 minutes or less. Custom sizes made to order.
Lead the cable from the transformer through the pre-cut downlight aperture in the ceiling
Pierce the cable entry point in the top of the cover with a sharp object, creating an opening large enough to suit the cable size
Feed sufficient cable through the opening for the connection
Compress the cover and pass it through the aperture in the ceiling
Open out the cover once inside the ceiling, away from the light fitting
Using the two supplied pins, fasten opposite inner flanges of the cover to the plasterboard
Insert the light fitting and fasten the closing mechanism over the inner flaps of the downlighter cover to seal the opening
Downlighter covers require a minimum of 40mm horizontal clearance and 15mm vertical clearance
Cages are rigid and require no clearance, meaning that insulation can be packed around them as long as it does not cover the ventilation holes
NB: Downlighter cages cannot be compressed to fit through the light fitting aperture from below and must therefore be positioned from above
Free Delivery on orders over £150
General delivery time for any stock product is 2 - 5 working days , non-stock items may vary depending on the product for further info please get in touch prior to ordering to avoid disappointment.
For large/bulk item there will be an addition delivery charge please see our shipping policy. (large/bulk item anything over 1meter length or 600x600 box size order)
We deliver to the United Kingdom only.
Not Happy with your product? You can return it within 14 days.
Need help choosing the right product?
Our staff is happy to help
Are you a professional?
Open a trade account with us, and enjoy fantastic benefits.